- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Day 1 : Paro Airport – Thimphu
Meet & Greet on arrival at Paro Airport and transfer to Thimphu (7,710 ft.) the capital city of Bhutan. On arrival check-in at the hotel. Evening explores the Thimpu town by walk. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Day 02 : Thimphu Sightseeing
Day 03 : Thimphu – Punakha/Wangdue Sightseeing
After breakfast drive to Punakha (4298 ft.)/ Wangdue, On the way Stop at Dochu-La-Pass (3150 mts.). to view the higher Himalayas. Arrival at Punakha check-in at the hotel. Afternoon visit Punakha Dzong - built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. For many years until the time of the second king, it served as the seat of the Government. The Dzong was named Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness). Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck convened the first National Assembly here in 1952. After that take a short and easy hike to visit the Chhimi Lhakhang - The Temple, also known as “The Temple of Fertility” was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley, “The Devine Mad Man”. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Punakha / Wangdue.
Day 4 : Excursion to Gangtey (Phobjikha) OR Punakha Sightseeing
Alternatively, instead of going to Gangtey (Phobjikha), you also have an option to spend the day in Punakha Valley itself. After breakfast hike Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten which is about 45 Mins easy hike to the top of the hill. It offers a breathtaking view of the Punakha Valley. Also, visit Punakha Suspension Bridge and Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Nunnery. Rest of the day free for leisure. Overnight stay at Punakha / Wangdue.
Day 5 : Punakha/Wangdue – Paro Sightseeing
After breakfast drive to Paro (7,483 ft.). On the way stop at Lamperi to visit Royal Botanical Park. On arrival check-in at the hotel. Afternoon visit Ta Dzong - National Museum with an excellent collection of arts, relics, religious thangkha, etc. Rinpung Dzong - Meaning "fortress of the heap of jewels". The dzong now serves as the administrative and judicial seat of Paro. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 6 : Paro Sightseeing
Day 7 : Paro
Day - 8 : Paro Airport
Airport drop after breakfast
HIKE TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY:
It is not recommended to hike to Tiger’s Nest (Taktsang Monastery) when you are traveling with small kids. Roads are not like normal hiking. You have to pass through stiff stairs while going up and coming down.
-----------------Happy Tour Ends----------------------
Note- The following details are given just to get an idea, it can change as per your budget, hotel selection, no of days and season
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels (Base category twin rooms, unless specified)
- Meal Plan (Only Set Menu): MAP
- Pick Up: Paro
- Drop: Paro
- Other transfers in Bhutan by: 01 Non AC Hiace / Similar as per itinerary.
- Service of certified English speaking guide (Within Bhutan)
- Air Fare/Train fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone bills, bar bills, tips & gratuity, bottled water and cost for other activities such as rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, porterage, etc.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees for museums and monuments.
- Any cost arising due to unforeseen contingencies such as landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc. Such expenses will have to be paid directly.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to an increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- @5% GST.
- Any form of Insurance.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.